Friday, July 25, 2008

#10 - NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH

I'm warning you right off the bat, if you don't want to see the horror of Abby's wound when Dr. Zimmer first started her care DON'T READ THIS PAGE OF OUR BLOG. It is really awful. I hadn't any pictures of the first few days without the plastic cover thing that the Ft. Wayne Veterinary Hospital put over it to protect it and keep the dirt etc. from getting in the open wound. I had seen Abby the day she had been shot and the day we transported her from Ft. Wayne to Pokagon but I hadn't seen the wound that day without the cover. Trust me this is nasty. However, it also delivers quite the impact when you see this picture and then see her now. I cannot say this enough times, I am completely amazed that Dr. Zimmer was able to do what he did. I'll show the comparison now.

BEFORE Dr. Zimmer:



AFTER:



Abby had her stitches removed on July 17, 2008. She can do everything a dog her size and age should be able to do. Please, help save someone else's injured pet, donate to the Abby Fund c/o Pokagon Veterinary Hospital, 2520 HWY 20, Angola, IN 46703

There is a preliminary hearing set for August 20, 2008. I spoke with the victim advocate of the court, she said more than one time "if we win" my question to you is How can we not win? Isn't this an obvious case of cruelty to an animal? If we don't win I need the support of my readers to help me convince the court that what happened to Abby should never have happened and the man that did it needs to be punished. He should be forced to help injured pets. He should have his guns taken away. He should know that what he did was wrong and uncalled for! Email me with your opinions, I'll make sure the prosecutor sees them. Thanks again for reading. I'll be back with more stories of our furry family and will let you know how things turn out in court.

No comments: