Sunday, July 13, 2008

#8 The Final Surgery?

After being out at Pokagon for another week I was really ready for Abby to come home. I missed her terribly and although we could go see her whenever we wanted and take her for walks it was really hard to leave her each time. She was telling me with a high pitched "take me home" bark that she was ready to come home too. I felt guilty for leaving her and I felt guilty for taking up the space at the hospital and the time of the staff. My feelings were all my own, the staff did nothing to make me feel that way, I just felt I should be doing more myself.

The doctor had to do one more surgery to clean up the dead tissue once again and try to pull things even closer, closing up the parts of the wound that kept pullling open. He did what we hope to be the finally surgery that Friday morning and told us we could come get her Friday after I got off work.

She was still groggy from the medication and not to sure of her own footing when we picked her up. They gave us an e-collar just in case we needed it when she was back to herself again, her antibiotics and off we went.

This is what the latest result looked like. I still am in utter amazement that Dr. Zimmer could produce such great results with the damage that had been done.



Dr. Zimmer managed to close up the rest of the open parts of the wound and Abby is healing nicely. We go back on Monday, July 14th for a check up. I'll let you know what the doc says and we'll keep you posted on Abby's healing.

The victims advocate of the court that is prosecuting this has contacted me and sent me forms to fill out etc. I am including most of what I have written here in my reply and hope to have the rest of the pictures so the prosecutor and the judge can see what an ordeal this has been for Abby and the rest of us.

Thanks again for reading, keep passing it on and anyone that feels like helping a wounded animal with poor parents can send donations to Pokagon Veterinary Hospital, c/o The Abby Fund, 2520 US Hwy 20, Angola, IN 46703.

No comments: